fredag 7 juni 2013

Cheap and dirty power distribution busboard (part 1)

One of the first things I realized when I started working on the PAiA was that I needed to do something about the power distribution. The power wires to the modules are soldered directly to the power bus lines, so if I want to work on the modules on the lab bench, I have to use wire cutters or a soldering iron each time I remove a module. I decided to make some simple power distribution busboards that connects to the modules using Moles connectors.

First I made strips out of ordinary 160x100 mm veroboard, each strip being 4 copper lines wide. Then I used metal wire to solder the strips together in paris. On one end of each strip I soldered a spring loaded terminal block.

 

Next I will order the Molex connectors from Elfa and mount four or five headers on each strip. More about that in a later post.

Oh yes, here are the Elfa part numbers for the connectors:
Cable connector: 43-804-16
Pin header: 43-808-12
Crimp terminal: 43-805-98

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar