torsdag 11 juli 2013

Power supply replacement

At last, some work has been done on the power supply. I decided to redesign the whole module, but keeping the panel design and functionality intact. The +/-5V bias voltage sources are not yet done, but the +/-9V and +18V sources are working fine. I will post the schematic for this later on.

This is the new PSU board. Still missing the parts for the bias voltages.

 As you can see, there is a toggle switch instead of the original slide switch. The reason for this is that I wanted to avoid routing mains power to the panel, and for that I needed a two pole switch to be able to turn both the positive and negative rails off with the same switch. I couldn't find a two pole slide switch in the same size as the original, so I will have to fix this later. For now, the toggle switch will do.

I put a fuse holder at the side of the box so that I could use a fuse and access it from the outside. This goes against my intention to keep the look identical but I think it is worth it, and the fuse holder is not visible when the case is open. I attached the transformer using straps to avoid drilling another hole through the box.

Trying to keep the wiring tidy and separate the mains power from the low voltage stuff.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar